Now-a-days the world wide web is in the hands of every android user in the form of smart phones. The internet is accessed through a web browser present by default on the device. You can extract information from any website in the world through the web browser present on your android device.
An android device comes with many applications that provide many features. One of the main applications on an android device is the android browser that comes by default. The web browser present by default may not satisfy the taste of the users or may cause other problems like the pop-up of irrelevant links, the manufacturer of the phone may have locked the homepage of your web browser to one page.
So, these unwanted things are easily avoided by changing the homepage of the web browser with the help of a code or link, Content://com.android.browser.home/. With the help of this code or link you can change the homepage of your web browser.
What Is Content://com.android.browser.home/ ?
Content://com.android.browser.home/ is a code that is used to customize the different features of a web browser by changing the home page of that browser if you find it dissatisfied. There are different types of web browsers. Most of the android users have Google chrome as their default browser. The other browsers are Opera, Mozilla, FireFox etc.
The web browsers that come by default might be annoying at times. If you are facing such problems or if you want the settings like the home page you customize the settings of your web browser by utilizing the above command.
If you are unaware of the process, please do not worry as we mentioned in detail the step-by-step process to customize the homepage of a web browser. Content://com.android.browser.home/ connection or link can be used only on default web browsers and otherwise you will face an error message.
Step By Step Process To Setup A Default Web Browser?
Given below is the complete process to set up your favorite default web browser easily. Please go through the following steps.
- Open the settings option on your android device.
- Search for the apps section.
- Now click on the apps section and explore the default apps option.
- As you locate the default apps section, click on it and then choose the default web browser.
- Select your preferred web browser.
This is how you can simply set your default web browser. Now it becomes very easy to customize the homepage of your web browser.
Also Read: Amazon Erc Number
How To Customize The Homepage Of A Default Web Browser (Google Chrome)?
Customizing the home page of a web browser is as simple as setting the default web browser. Please follow the below steps to change the homepage of a web browser.
- First, open the default web browser on your android phone.
- You can see a three-dot icon on the top right side of the page. Click on it.
- Now find the ‘settings’ option and click on it.
- Next, go to the ‘Homepage’ and click on it.
- Type the URL (Content://com.android.browser.home/) of your preferred homepage.
- The final step is to relaunch your web browser to see the changed homepage of your preference.
There is another easy method to change the homepage of the web browser. It is also given below for your information.
- Open the default web browser on your android phone.
- Visit the website that you want to have it as the homepage of your web browser.
- Now copy the URL of that site in bookmarks under the option ‘menu’.
- Now click on the menu button and open the bookmark.
- You can see the URL of the website.
- Click and hold on to that option longer until a pop-up shows up.
- As the pop-up window opens, select the option ‘set as homepage’.
- Then the process is done.
The above given step-by-step guide is to change the homepage of the Chrome web browser. There are other web browsers like Mozilla Firefox, Opera mini that offer much more options than the default web browser. So, if you can’t get the maximum of your default web browser or if you feel bored of the web browser you are using then you can opt for other web browsers like Mozilla Firefox, Opera mini etc.
Process To Customize Your Mozilla Web Browser’s Homepage
- Open the Mozilla Firefox, web browser.
- Click on the three dots you can find on the top right of the homepage.
- Choose the option ‘general’ in the settings.
- Now select the option ‘Home’ and then ‘set a homepage’.
- Then click on ‘custom’.
- Next type in the URL of the site that you want to have it as your web browser’s homepage.
- The final step is to re-launch your web browser.
To summarize the above article, the homepage of a default web browser can be changed to our preferred homepage by using Content://com.android.browser.home/ link. If you are dissatisfied with the homepage of your android browser or annoyed by the irrelevant links, then you can follow the above given guiding steps to change the homepage as per your choice.
You can also set up the default web browsers of your choice like Mozilla Firefox, Opera that provide extra features than the usual chrome web browser. If you still have any queries or suggestions or doubts, please feel free to drop your comments and we will reply to you as soon as possible.
Also Read: androidtv.com/setup